Terms & Conditions
Minimum age restriction
Drivers must be between the ages of 21 – 75 with 2 years driving experience and 6 minor points or less.
If you have more endorsements on your licence please phone us directly, we can usually still insure you though need to run it by our agents.
- See more at: http://www.rockinvans.co.uk/faqs#2
Due to the paper part of the UK driving license being discontinued we now need to view your driving license information online before you travel. Viewing your information online will allow us to see:
- What vehicles you can drive
- Any penalty points or disqualifications you have
- Your name
- The last 8 characters of your driving license number
- For more information visit: www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- See more at: http://www.rockinvans.co.uk/faqs#2
Non UK drivers
- We will require your full driving licence from the country of residence.
- Your international driving licence if your driving licence is written in a different language to the one of the renting country.
- Your passport.
See more at: http://www.rockinvans.co.uk/faqs#6
DEFINITION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Rockinvans literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
‘DRIVER / CUSTOMER / HIRER’ means the person(s) nominated as the driver(s) under the RENTAL AGREEMENT.
‘ROCKIN VANS’ the vehicle under hire as described under the heading ‘Vehicle Details’ under the ‘Rental Agreement’ and includes tyres, tools, accessories, living equipment and any other special equipment, documents relating to the vehicle and any replacement or substitute vehicle provided by ROCKINVANS
‘RENTAL AGREEMENT’ means the document read and signed by the hirer on collection and return of the vehicle. It includes details of ‘Customer’, ‘Vehicle Details’, ‘Rental Period’, ‘Collision Damage Waiver’, ‘Departure Checklist’
- Booked and paid for in full by hirer on www.rockinvans.com as per Rental Agreement
- All prices quoted and charged in £ (GBP)
- Payment is accepted by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or debit card (Switch, Maestro, Solo, Visa Debit). Cheques must clear before pickup. See website for credit/debit card surcharges
- Vehicles will not be released without full payment being received
- Vehicles will not be released without valid personal identification being produced
- A refundable deposit of £1000 (campers) £1250 (motorhomes) (GBP) is payable on collection of vehicle for insurance excess and caution deposit for rental of the Rockin Vans Camper. Minimum rental 4 days
- We reserve the right to cancel any hire within 7 days of booking. Where possible we will provide an alternative, Rockin Vans is not liable for the difference in cost. Where an alternative can not be found Rockin Vans will refund the booking in full.
2. HIRER / DRIVER
- Driver(s) must be aged over 21 years to 70 years for rental of a 2 berth RockinVan.
- Driver(s) aged 21 years to 24 years, see additional insurance charge in section 5a
- Driver(s) must hold a valid full driving licence for at least 12 months (UK Licence) or 24 months (European Licence)
- Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties during hire period
- Driver(s) must provide two separate forms of personal identification on collection of vehicle otherwise hire will be invalidated i.e.: valid passport and driving licence
- Details of all additional driver(s) must be provided on collection of vehicle as above, additional driver charged at £5 (GBP) per day
3. HIRE PERIOD
- ‘Hire Period’ refers to the dates agreed in the Rental Agreement
- Rockinvans are charged on a calendar day basis
- Minimum rental period is 3 days
- Collection from 2:30pm / Return by 11am
- Collection / Return to agreed location at time of booking, non-standard locations may incur additional charge
4. HIRE RATES INCLUDES
- Unlimited Mileage
- Fully Comprehensive Insurance for UK and Republic of Ireland for one named driver*
- Full Breakdown & Roadside Assistance**
* excluding any insurance loading, extra charges may be incurred if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, is using a non-UK or non-Republic of Ireland driving licence or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customers.
** Rockinvans will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the campervan. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery etc will be the responsibility of the client.
- Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Rockinvans to the driver named on the agreement holding a UK or Republic of Ireland Driving Licence.
- Insurance for additionals driver is charged at additional £5 (GBP) per day
- Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer has an occupation that is deemed to be high risk
- Standard excess of £1000 (GBP) for camper and £1250 for motorhomes will be charged on collection of a Rockin Van. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first £1000 (campers) and £1250 (motorhomes) (GBP)
- This does not cover cost for replacement or repair of windows or tyre damage for which the hirer is responsible
- Driving by an unauthorised driver invalidates insurance. It is a criminal offence to drive without insurance in the UK and Ireland punishable at law
- Failure to declare an accident is a criminal offence punishable at law
- The theft of a Rockin Van will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in or on the vehicle whilst unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
- Insurance does not cover or include the hirers’ personal belongings.
- No other hire insurance is acceptable for the rental of a Rockinvans Camper.
- The refundable deposit on your Rockinvan campervan hire detailed in section 1 covers both the insurance excess in the event of a collision (section 5a) and the proper return of the vehicle in same condition as it was let out to the hirer.
- This amount will be debited from your credit card account immediately and is fully refundable within seven days of return of the vehicle on the following conditions:
- No damage to the campervan or any third party
- Campervan returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time
- Campervan returned in the same condition as it was let out, the interior clean including all cooking appliances, waste tank emptied and the fuel tank full.
- All items are returned at end of hire in clean and full working order as per the ‘Departure Check list’ in the Rental Agreement.
- This security deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures, fittings, windows, tyres or negligent damage to the vehicle and the hirer agrees to pay Rockinvans any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value.
- Rockin Vans will not be held responsible for any changes in the amount refunded of your deposit based on fluctuations in currency exchange rates.
- Rockinvans reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events eg: festivals or rallies
- A cleaning fee of £75.00 will be charged against the deposit of the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
- An additional fee of £50.00 will be charged against the deposit if the toilet and waste tank are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle.
7. VIOLATION OF TRAFFIC LAWS AND REGULATIONS
- Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland
- Rockinvans will hold your credit card details for 30 days after the rental agreement finishes incase any traffic violation infringements are presented to Rockinvans for your hire period. The driver(s) will still be liable for any penalties and fees received after this period.
- Rockinvans will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of £20 (GBP) for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
8. USE OF THE VEHICLE
During the rental period, the hirers agree that the vehicle will not be;
- Driven other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damage
- Driven in a prohibited area
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
- Driven by persons under the age of 21 years when renting the 2 berth camper
- Driven by persons under the age of 21 years when renting the 4 berth camper
- Driven by a person who is unauthorised to drive the vehicle as set out under the heading ‘Driver details’ of the Rockinvans Rental Agreement
- Used to carry more persons than is detailed on the rental agreement (maximum 4 persons in accordance with provision of seatbelts in a Rockinvan)
- Left with the ignition key in or on the vehicle while it is unoccupied (invalidates insurance)
- Damaged by submersion in water or in contact with salt water
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
- Driven on any road surfaces other than sealed / bitumen roads
- 24 hour Roadside Assistance is provided under the hire contract. The hirer may instruct repairs to the maximum value of £50 (GBP)
- Rockinvans must be notified by telephone on +447805554444 for repairs in excess of this amount.
- Reimbursement will be made only on production of valid receipts.
10a. CANCELLATION BY ROCKIN VANS
Rockinvans reserve the right to cancel a reservation at the proposed commencement of hire as follows:
- Named Driving Licence is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions
- Failure to provide funds for insurance excess and caution bond by credit card only
- Over occupancy of vehicle, maximum 4 occupants
- Address on driving licence does not match billing address. Additional proof of id is required
- Hirers from outside UK must provide a valid passport and driving licence as proof of id
- Rockin Vans may cancel the hire if a serious accident has occured (see damage) the hirer must return to Rockin Vans nearest Base Office at the first office open time.
Rockin vans reserve the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause.
- We reserve the right to cancel any hire within 24 hours of booking. Where possible we will provide an alternative, Rockin Vans is not liable for the difference in cost. Where an alternative can not be found Rockin Vans will refund the booking in full.
Where damage occurs to the vehicle we reserve the right to recall the hirer to the nearest base office in order to have the damage on the vehicle checked as well as the safety and integrity of the van inspected.
If the damage is considered to be too severe, Rockin Vans reserves the right to cancel the hire. This is to enable repairs of the vehicle to prevent cancelation of the next customers trip.
10d. CANCELATION & CHANGES BY HIRER
You can change or cancel your booking and receive a full refund any time up to 30 days prior to travel. After 30 days no refund will be offered for any cancelations or changes for Credit card and debit card charges are non refundable.
11. HIREABLE EXTRAS
Other hireable extras available for the duration of hirers’ stay in a Rockinvans include:
- Bedding (quilt or sleeping bag, pillow, sheet ) & Towel £15 (GBP) per person
- Camping Picnic Table £10 (GBP) each per week
- Camping Picnic Chair £5 (GBP) each per week
- 2 person Tent £25 (GBP) per week
- Awning £50 (GBP) per week
- Roof Box £30 (GBP) per week
- Roof Racks £30 (GBP) per week
Gas is not included in the hire. Unless puchased from Rockin Vans, customers will recieve gas as previous customer has left.
12. CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- The company’s camper van rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Rockinvans and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s)
- The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
- No refunds are payable on accommodation or Rockinvans if they are not available where a hirer or passenger changes or cancels or seeks to vary agreements after collection.
- These conditions cannot be varied or altered or waived by any employee or representative of Rockinvans or by anyone providing services or facilities.
- The company cannot be bound by any representative or statement unless it is confirmed in writing by Rockinvans management.
13. COLLECTION AND RETURN
- Collection and return of the Rockinvans to agreed location specified at time of booking as set out under ‘hire period’ in the rental agreement.
- Agreed location for collection / return as specified on www.Rockinvans.com:
- Glasgow Prestwick Airport
- Glasgow Airport
- Other locations may be available on request
- Other collection / return locations will be considered, charges may apply.
- Collection – please allow 1 hour to complete the documentation, collection of Bond and demonstration of vehicle. Vehicle will be handed over in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the ‘Departure Checklist’. There are no refunds for early returns.
- Return – please allow 1 hour to complete documentation and return of Caution Deposit in accordance with that set out in section 6 of Terms & Conditions.
- Late Return – Rockinvans must be notified immediately to prevent any prosecution for driver(s) driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £10 (GBP) per hour will be payable for late returns.
- Early Return – Rockinvans will not refund any portion of the hire or a requested early/late pick up fees unless notification is given 1 month before.
- The vehicle remains on hire until it has been fully inspected at the time of cleaning. If damage is found Rockin Vans has 14 days to obtain a quote from the relevant persons and charge the customer. At this point the customer will be charged on the deposit card taken at arrival.
Rockinvans will allow well behave pets in selected Campervans. Please make sure to declare intentions to take a pet before booking. All bookings with pets will be charged £20 for additional cleaning per hire. Hyper allergenic and non-casting dogs will still be charged as normal. Any evidence of non authorised pets will have the fee deducted from their authorisation.
Rockinvans are contactable on (0044) 141 404 83 84 throughout the rental period. All faults, damage or complaints must be reported immediately on this number or at the latest on return of the vehicle. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform Rockinvans in writing within 14 working days.