Rockin Vans Terms and Conditions
No Hidden Cost Policy
Rockin Vans prides itself on being totally transparent at every single stage of the rental. Your hire of our Motorhomes and Campervans comes with the following included as part of your rental:
– Insurance for 1 driver
– Unlimited Mileage
– Full breakdown cover
– Full UK insurance
– On-road phone support during your rental
– Privilege membership to The Camping and Caravanning Club
– Free travel advice from our Rockin Vans Rental Reps
Only the person(s) that are listed on this van Rental Agreement and above the age of twenty three may drive this vehicle. The above mentioned van Renter is hereby responsible for all collision damage to the vehicle regardless if someone else is at fault or the cause is not known. The van Renter is fully responsible for the cost of any repair up to the value of the vehicle. The van Renter’s Insurance may cover all or only part of the financial liability for the rented vehicle
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Rockin Vans Ltd to the named drivers on this agreement holding a UK or Republic of Ireland Driving License. An excess will be authorized on collection of a Rockin Van. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the excess paid(GBP). This does not cover cost for replacement or repair of windows or tyre damage for which the hirer is responsible. The excess also does not cover fuel in the water tank. Driving by an unauthorized driver invalidates insurance. It is a criminal offence to drive without insurance in the UK and Ireland punishable by law. Failure to declare an accident is a criminal offence punishable by law. The theft of a Rockin Van will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in or on the vehicle whilst unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle. Insurance does not cover or include the hirers’ personal belongings.
• The refundable deposit on your Rockin Van campervan hire covers both the insurance excess in the event of a collision (section 5a) and the proper return of the vehicle in same condition as it was let out to the hirer.
• This amount will be debited from your credit card account immediately and is fully refundable within ten days of return of the vehicle on the following conditions:
◦ No damage to the campervan or any third party
◦ Campervan returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time
◦ Campervan returned in the same condition as it was let out, the interior clean including all cooking appliances, porta potty emptied, the fuel tank full and the camper has refrained from smoking inside the vehicle.
◦ All items are returned at end of hire in clean and full working order as per the ‘Departure Check list’ in the Rental Agreement.
• This security deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures, fittings, windows, tyres or negligent damage to the vehicle and the hirer agrees to pay Rockin Vans any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value.
• Rockin Vans reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events eg: festivals or rallies
• A cleaning fee of £75.00 will be charged against the deposit if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
• An additional fee of £150.00 will be charged against the deposit if the toilet and waste tank are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle.
•Fuel in the motorhome or campervan water tanks is NOT covered by the excess. The costs for this are to be paid separately by the hirer.
•In the event of a break down the hirer will be reimbursed, by way of voucher, to the equivalent number of nights rental lost.
•Vouchers will be valid for 12 months after rental date and subject to calendar restrictions.
•In the event of a delayed hire or cancellation ‘Rockin Vans Ltd’ will not be held responsible for any loss of further holiday expenses such as: ferry bookings, campsite fees, reservations etc.
•Discounted Internet vouchers are not eligible for refund in any situation.
•Owner’s cars left at pick up point are left at owners risk. ‘Rockin Vans Ltd’ will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles or possessions.
The Campervan Renter is hereby bound by the terms and conditions of this Campervan Rental Agreement. The vehicle must be returned to the same location in which it was picked up for rental and on or before the above indicated due back date and time. There will be additional fees due if the vehicle is not returned as specified above. Where it is permitted by law the Campervan Renter hereby authorizes us to process their credit card information in their name for all Campervan Rental charges, including the full vehicle value of any vehicle that is not returned to the Campervan Rental Company, all fines, towing, any court costs, penalties and or administrative fees that we may incur for parking, traffic and or other violations that may be incurred by the Campervan Renter during the Campervan Rental term period as stated above and to apply any payments made to the charges in whatever order that the Campervan Rental Company sees as necessary. By signing below Campervan Renter is also signing their Campervan Rental credit card voucher.
Common reasons why you wont get your deposit back The waste tank / toilets have not been emptied before being returned.
Pets have been in the motorhome without prior notice.
There is damage to the camper / motorhome (internal or external) or it has been in an accident.
The fuel tank has not been returned at the agreed level.
The renter has been smoking in the van.
Fuel in the water tank
COLLECTION AND RETURN Collection and return should be at the times listed on your contract. If late please notify Rockin Vans as soon as possible.
TAKING THE CAMPER ABROAD We are happy for you to take the camper abroad but we need to know in advance as you will not be insured. Please let us know if your plans change and you plan to go abroad.
When do I need to book?
Where possible we suggest you book in advance. If you’re travelling in peak season (June to Mid-September and over Christmas) we recommend you book at least 3 months in advance. Please note: if you are trying to book last minute please email us as there are occasionally a few cancellations and last minute availability can sometimes be offered.
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer the following charges shall be incurred
- 30 days prior to rental to no show: 100% of total hire charge.
- 6 weeks to 4 weeks prior to rental: 50% of total hire charge.
- More than 6 weeks prior to rental: 20% of total hire charge.
Credit card and debit card charges are non-refundable. An administration fee of £15 will be charged on the processing of any refund.
Customers are advised to check their own travel insurance policy in the event of a cancellation.
Should you wish to extend your hire then this may be possible but you must contact us giving as much notice as possible so we can confirm availability.
Additional Drivers are charged at £6 per day each, please let us know if you would like to add an additional driver to your booking. Any driver driving without first submitting details to Rockin Vans will be driving without insurance.
To travel to Europe we charge an additional fee of £10 per day which includes European insurance cover, roadside assistance and legal compliance (headlight light adjustment, spare bulb/fuse set warning triangle, high visibility vests, first aid kit, fire extinguisher etc).
Insurance is provided and in the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property the hirer will be liable for the amount paid in the damage deposit. The hirer will be liable for replacement or repair of windows or tyre damage and accidental/negligent damage to fittings and equipment. The prices quoted are for drivers between the ages of 22 and 70 holding a driving license for at least three years with no accidents or endorsements. Drivers outside these conditions will be considered but there may be additional charges. Please call to discuss. Drivers with 3 points or more may incur an insurance surcharge, please call for a quote.
What Type of license do I need?
Non of our vehicles require a special license. We accept any of the following standard license’s:
UK, All EU, USA, Canada, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, China, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Hong Kong and UAE.
For other countries, please contact [email protected] to see if we can accommodate you.
Collecting your camper motorhome
Collection is between 3.00pm – 4.30pm (Unless you have purchased an early collection) The paperwork usually takes no more than 20 minutes to complete, then we take as long as you need to show you around the vehicle, usually around 45 minutes. You need to bring with you the following:
– Driving License
– Credit Card (for security deposit)
Returning your camper motorhome?
Unless you have purchased a late return the return time is between 9am – 10.30am. If you are returning your vehicle to a non-depot location (airport, train station etc) you need to confirm an exact time, so we can make sure your driver is there waiting for you.
We are closed on Sundays, however please get in touch if you have any questions regarding Sundays, we can often accommodate returns of vehicles.